Daddy´s got a new pair of jeans
I stopped off at one of those fancy schmancy designer stores on Avenieda Santa Fe today and bought a new pair of jeans. This was a good thing because I´ve been due for a new pair of jeans for a while now. The guy at the store showed me two pairs I really liked. Actually they were kinda the same pair, but one of them was ¨roto¨ and therefore cost 24 pesos more. That means it was all cool and hip because it already had wear marks in all the right places and holes and stuff.
So I did what I thought was the only prudent thing. I bought the more expensive pair with all the cool scuffs and tears and what not. But after I got them home and put them on I realized that one of the cool holes was in the back left pocket. That´s where I usually put my wallet.
Hmmm...this presented a problem. But at the moment I came up with what seemed like a perfect solution. I´ll just start wearing my wallet in my back right pocket instead. But the thing is, after you´ve been gotten used to having your wallet in your left pocket, in reality I´ve been wearing it there for as long as I´ve carried a wallet, switching to your right pocket is a big deal.
It feels strange on the right hand side. I feel like my whole balance is off. When I sit down there´s this strange uncomfortable bump where I´ve never felt one before. I´ve had to counteract this affect by puting my cell phone in my front left pocket instead of the front right which makes things somewhat better, but still everything is out of whack. It´s even affected my pimp strut which I spent years perfecting.
But I think I´m going to stick with having my wallet on the right hand side. Maybe just when wearing this pair of jeans, but there´s something about putting myself in an uncomfortable situation that I find very comforting. Change is good, we all need to shake things up from time to time, sometimes it´s minute and inconsequential...and sometimes it´s not.
3 comments:
When I sit down there´s this strange uncomfortable bump where I´ve never felt one before. But there´s something about putting myself in an uncomfortable situation that I find very comforting.
hmmmm
Hey, what exactly are you trying to say???
I suppose if I told you about the pedicure I just got I´d never see the end of your mockery.
And I still don´t get the Argentinian habit of men greeting each other with a kiss on the cheek, I love the kiss hello between sexes or even women greating each other, but some of those guys don´t shave and wear too much damn cologne.
I think you should have just exchanged the jeans for some with no hole in the pocket. Then we could have avoided this whole brokeback moment!
Post a Comment