Monday, June 26, 2006

I´m famous!

Ok not really, but my Dutch friend Joost wrote about some of our Cuban adventures together on his blog (http://juice.zinloosverteld.nl/) and now all the Dutchenese, Hollandens and Netherlandeans will be aware of me. It´s kind of cool to see someone perspective on the same events. But he doesn´t really write about me, it´s actually about my other personality.

It´s strange, right as I started this trip someone gave me the advice of ¨it seems like you´re trying to find yourself, you might want to start by pronouncing your name the right way.¨ And that made a lot of sense. So Ka-sheef went back to KAH-shif.

But the problem was the rest of the world wasn´t so accomodating. See I met Bill in Colombia long before I made this decision. And Bill always knew me as Zak. Don´t ask me where Zak comes from, it´s a long story that I can´t even begin to explain but I think it´s better than my last made up name of George.

And when I went to Cuba to meet up with Bill the first time everyone all the new people I met were introduced to me ask Zak. Which at some point became more like ¨San¨ because you can´t actually pronounce Zak in spanish.

So here I am, trying to go back to the name my parents gave me and I´ve found it´s harder than I thought. At some point in Argentina I became just ¨Cash¨, and then I realized that was a bad idea because everyone took the name way too literally.

Regardless on Joost´s blog I´m Zak and there´s a post about Zakisms which I think is really funny. I do love a great one-liner after all. And I guess that really isn´t too bad, although one of these days I really do think I should become KAH-shif.

No comments: