I love this country!
Yesterday I decided I wanted to see ¨The Chronicles of Narnia¨so I went over to the local Carefour. Think Wal-Mart on steroids. A huge retail store, food court, random other stores, heck they even have a Mazda dealership on site!
Unfortunately the version they were showing was the Spanish language dubbed one. Most places show the English movies with subtitles. Oh well...I could have struggled through it but instead I went shopping.
I needed some more toothpaste so I bought a tube for 1,000 pesos (about $0.50). Then I decided I was long due for a haircut, so I stopped into the salon. I got one of the better haircuts I´ve ever had, included a shampoo, a shave, the dude even trimmed my eyebrows and ears (ok, that might have been too much information but that ear-hair is really freaking me out!) Ran me 12,000 pesos (about $5). And of course you don´t tip for services in this country, excellent service is just expected.
By that time I was hungry. Of to the food court it was. I stopped at the parrilla and ordered a medium rare T-Bone and a 1/2 bottle of Chilean Cab, both of which were quite excellent. Cost about 20,000 pesos ($10). I do love 3rd-World exchange rates. I just can´t wait to get to Argentina to really take advantage of the still-somewhat strong US dollar.
No comments:
Post a Comment