Saturday, March 25, 2006

Mi Casa

A few of you were wondering what US $563 a month gets you in Buenos Aires. I know, I got "gringo'd", I paid the tourist rate. Getting the local rate would have meant signing a 3-month contract and I just wasn't ready to make that type of commitment. Although I did get them to drop about $75 a month from what they were asking. Personally I think every MBA candidate should be forced to spend a month in Colombia working on their negotiating skills. I've found that I've become a much better deal-maker after that experience.

Well here it is, in all it's glory and splendor. My new home for the next two months. Nothing spectacular but I like it and I've already made myself at home. It´s a one-bedroom apartment in the most swank part of Buenos Aires and I guess that is worth something. Plus it comes with a weekly maid service, and you just can't put a price on that. The only problem I've had so far is the free wireless internet access I've been stealing is really flaky. I only get a pretty weak signal, which is fine to surf the web and check e-mail, but trying to upload pictures can be really frustrating! So sometimes I have to break down and walk across the street to use the internet cafe.




No comments: