Saturday, December 31, 2005

Bad news, bad news, come to me where I sleep

As if watching the 41-0 thumping of my beloved Cleveland Browns by the arch-rival Pittsburgh Steelers wasn´t enough, this morning when I surfed over to espn.com I was greated more evidence of the embarrasment that has become my once beloved franchise.

Rumors are circulating already that our still new GM Phil Savage will be fired, less than one-year into his contract. When Savage was hired he was hailed as the genius that was going to fix the sinking ship that is the Cleveland Browns.

And now it looks like he becomes yet another victim of the futility that is pro-football in Cleveland.

Sometimes you spend so much time and energy loving something, without question, without asking for anything in return only to have your heart broken time and time again. Like a woman that goes back to the man that beats her again and again, because ¨he really loves me¨and ¨this time it´s different¨and sure for a while things are new and unique and you allow yourself to let your guard down and start to believe that maybe this time it really is different.

But sure enough, the one you invest your time and effort in, your hopes and dreams, turns around once again to stick a dagger in your heart. And you ask yourself how many more times am I going to crawl back? When is enough going to be enough?

No comments: