Thursday, December 22, 2005

It´s been one-week

Only 5-months and 3 weeks left to go! Well not really, I mean when people started asking me how long I was taking off for on this little excursion, I had to say something. And 6-months is such a nice round number.

But the first week has been pretty good. My spanish has improved a ton. I´m at the point now that if I try hard enough, and the person I´m talking to is patient enough, I can get my point across. It doesn´t sound pretty, and no one is going to confuse me for a native speaker, but the job gets done. Understanding what other people say, wow...that is still such a work in progress.

I´ve made a new friend. Yes, he´s a stalker but other than that a really good guy. And I´ve met up with 3 gringos I previously met my last time in Medellin. There´s something weird about this city, people come to visit, fall in love with it and keep coming back.

I´ve taken a couple trips around the city and to the outskirts. It is amazingly beautiful out here. The city of eternal spring indeed.

And perhaps most importantly of all, I found a sports bar in the Centro-district that shows all the NFL games. Looks like I´ll have a chance to watch the Browns beat the crap out of the Steelers and eliminate them from the playoffs (please Papa Noel, that´s all I want for Christmas!)

No comments: