Off to a flying start. The guy in the room next to me aparently set his alarm for 7:30 AM on the highest volume possible, and of course had left before it went off. I thought about getting up since there was no way I was going to sleep through that, but, well those of you that know me know the odds of that happening were unlikely.
So I decided to try to convince the hotel front desk to come up and turn it off. Sounds easy enough right? Probably would have been if my Spanish weren't quite so broken. Before I even thought of calling the front desk, I consulted my Spanglish dictionary, let's see...yes here we go! "hay mucha ruido in el habitacion cerca mia." Well by 8:30 I had finally managed to get the point across but by that time I figured I might as well get up anyways.
After getting ready I came down the stairs and was greated quite warmly by the receptionist at the front desk.
Cute Receptionist: "Something, something, something...¿quieres desayuna?" (would you like breakfast?)At this point, life is good, I didn't realize breakfast came with the room. At $25 a night not a bad deal.
Me: "Si, por favor"
Cute Receptionist: "Something, something, something" (Hands me a slip of paper)Armed with all of that information I decided to make my way "allí" and attmept to find this cafeteria. I saw several places that looked promising, but they were all closed. Well you can probably guess the end of this little story by now. Never did find this fabled cafeteria in this mystical land of "allí" but I stopped in a restaurant for a very nice plate of eggs and what appeared to be chopped up hot dog pieces and a cup of coffee, without too much trouble. Cost me about $0.90. There are some benefits of being here after all ;-)
Me: "¿donde?¨ (with what I can only imagine to be a painfully confused look on my face)
Cute Receptionist: "Something, something, something"
Me: "uh..." (imagine that painfully confused look on my face growing)
Cute Receptionist (to the Bellhop): "Jorge!"
Cute Receptionist (to me): "Jorge va explicate"
Jorge: "Something, something, something, allí" (pointing down the street)
Me: "¿allí?"(pointing in the same direction)
Jorge: "Something, something, something, allí" (pointing down the street)
Me: "¿es un restaurante?"
Jorge: "es un cafeteria"
Me: "gracias"
1 comment:
something something something something EH-so es CO-me-co.
something something something something ::hugs:: for the laughters.
Post a Comment