Friday, December 23, 2005

Things I have learned by watching Fox News

The world has become an amazingly small place in the last couple of years. I remember when I was young and the family would travel to India, we´d pack extra suitcases of all sorts of extra crap. Electronics, blue jeans, cheese...whatever! But these days there´s not a thing that you can buy in the US that you can´t find everywhere else as well.

And how fast information gets disseminated these days is amazing. The TV in my hotel gets the US feed of Fox News in english. Great way for me to stay somewhat connected to the world. And it´s fascinating to see how much the world has changed in just one week since I´ve left. From watching Fox I´ve learned that:

1) The war in Iraq is going splendidly. Sounds like it´s all peaches and cream over there, one big love fest. The troops are coming home and Iraqi´s are baking us apple pies. Yay!

2) Samuel Alito is a good man. And while maybe he might have had some views that weren´t completely favorable to aboration rights many years ago, we shouldn´t read anything into that.

3) Stem-cell research is a hoax.

4) Those people that are criticizing the Presidents use of secret wire-taps on Americans without Judicial oversight are really just Al-Qaida sympathizers.

5) Bill O´Reilly is an ass.

6) Ann Coulter isn´t really even that attractive.

No comments: