Brazil here I come
I've only got a few short hours before I hop on that plan headed towards Brazil. I suppose this would be a good time to start learning Portuguese. Unfortunately that bittorrent of the portuguese lessons I tried to download only made it 1/2 way, and then turned out to be totally random snippets of the lessons. Just about useless.
Oh well, I feel somewhat comfortable with my Spanish, althought I know that isn't really going to help me in Brazil. But I have already found an English-speaking hostel to stay in and hopefully they'll be at the airport waiting to pick me up. After that I'll worry about learning the language. But I really probably should have bought a phrase-book or something. Oh well, maybe they'll have one at the airport.
Really this part of this journey is quite exciting for me. My buddy Ellick and my sister Samira are all set to meet me in Rio and enjoy the festivities that Carnaval will no doubt bring. It'll be my first chance in two months to reconnect in person with the lives I left behind in the US, and I'm curious to see what has changed and more likely, what has not.
No comments:
Post a Comment