Saturday, February 18, 2006

Now there´s an idea!

Flaco kinda looks like a young, Argentinian Mick Jagger, without the lips. And given how crazy this town has become for The Rolling Stones, Flaco has been prancing around this week regailing us with tails about his inability to procure any satisfaction. His name isn´t actually Flaco, that´s Spanish for skinny. But I´ve been calling him that because, well he´s really skinny, and I can´t pronounce his actual name. He calls me Ka-fou sometimes and other times Hashish. I think I prefer the later.

Unfortunately for Flaco he also tans like an Englishmen. I keep telling him he´s Mick Jagger´s illegitimate Argentinian bastard child. It´s ok, he taught me how to say it in Spanish. Yes Flaco has been ridiculously sunburned the last couple of days. The Brazilian sun is a dangerous thing and should be treated with respect.

But some thoughtful Brazilian soul planted aloe throughout the city. So Flaco has been picking leaves whenever we pass by a good spot and taking them back to the hostel, trying to ease the painful healing process. I think that´s a great way to sum up Brazil. Sometimes it´s just the little things in life that make all the difference. Has anyone thought of planting aloe throughout San Diego or Miami? Why not?

No comments: