
Rio de Janiero is amazingly beautiful. There is a saying here that God spent 6 days making the world and saved the 7th for Rio. One look around here and you can understand why. The sheer mountain cliffs come right to the shore, and there are miles and miles of beautiful white sand beaches to explore.
So far things have gone well here. Customs was easy, I slept the whole way from Panama. I found a hostel with availability pretty easy, and only 5 minutes from the beach (which is actually kinda far for Rio).I hooked up with a few fellow travellers, the Colombian, the Chilean and the Slovak. Within 3 hours of my plane touching down we were doing cartwheels on the Ipanema beach. And the fruit is really good here, I´ve been missing great fruit, haven´t had any since Colombia really.

Turns out Portuguese sounds pretty much nothing like Spanish except the few words I happen to catch in common. But Spanish definately does help around here, especialy with the fellow travellers who all speak it better than I do.
No comments:
Post a Comment